Austin, TX in summertime is a bustling place of things to do with the whole family. When you are looking for a way to spend a pleasant day or an evening, you never have to go very far from home. Enjoy great music, fireworks, food and more, all in beautiful settings that will leave you feeling relaxed and peaceful.
Best Summer Events in Austin
- Fourth of July Fireworks and Symphony – Taking place at Vic Mathias Shores, you’ll enjoy patriotic tunes played by the Austin Symphony followed by an amazing, colorful display of fireworks over Lady Bird Lake.
- Body Mind Spirit Expo – On July 23 and 24 go experience this holistic expo showcasing some of the many examples of global awakening and spiritual development with other kindred spirits interested in these topics.
- Zilker Summer Musical – Every Thursday through Sunday evening from July 8th through August 13th, Zilker Hillside Theater will host a free musical performance of “Shrek the Musical” starting at 8:15pm.
- Lake Travis Hot Air Balloon Flyover – Come on down to the Mansfield Dam Park on August 6th to watch colorful hot air balloons float above Lake Travis during the early morning hours. Children will love this annual event!
- Austin Ice Cream Festival – Another guaranteed hit for children of all ages, Austin’s Ice Cream Festival will delight the whole family with live entertainment, games, activities, contests, and, naturally, lots of ice cream, perfect for cooling off in the hot sun.
A Plethora of Summertime Activities Right Around the Corner
Living in stylish 9500 apartments in Austin, TX gives you easy access to a huge variety of year round activities, with summertime being perhaps the most exciting time of all! As a city known for great cultural events and family friendly venues, you’ll be able to keep the whole family engaged while you enjoy impressive displays of lights, musical talent and more.