Summer is the perfect time to mix up a batch of iced tea and spend the afternoon outside with a good book. Are you tired of your same old boring iced tea recipe? Try one of these wonderful alternatives.
Power-Packed Iced Tea
This recipe comes from AZ Foothills and incorporates chia seeds, which many people claim is a superfood. Healthier than regular sweet tea or not, this recipe is certainly delicious!
- 1/2 t. black chia seeds
- 1 cup boiling water plus 2 t. room temp water
- 1 bag of your favorite black tea
- Ice cubes
- Lemon wedge
- In a small bowl, add chia seeds to 2 tablespoons of water. Set aside.
- Bring remaining water to a boil and brew tea for 5 minutes. Add soaked chia seeds.
- Fill a tall glass with ice.
- Slowly pour brewed tea over ice and garnish with a lemon wedge.
Old-Fashioned Southern Sweet Tea
Traditional recipes stand the test of time because people love the way they taste. This iced sweet tea recipe from Food.com adds a pinch of baking soda to smooth out the acidity. The result is a smoother than smooth beverage, perfect for sipping on the hottest of summer days.
- 6 black tea bags
- 1⁄8 t. baking soda
- 2 cups boiling water plus 6 cups cold water
- 1 1⁄2 cup sugar
- Boil 2 cups of water. Add baking soda to the water and stir until completely dissolved.
- Brew tea in a large heat-proof container for 15 minutes.
- Remove tea bags and discard.
- Add sugar to the hot tea and stir to dissolve.
- Add cold water to hot tea and stir together.
- Cool on your countertop until room temperature.
- Place in refrigerator to completely cool.
- Serve over fresh ice in a tall glass.
Spend this summer at the 9500 Apartments in Austin, where you can enjoy a summer of swimming and relaxation in a cozy residential setting. Call (844) 230-8099 to learn more about the community or to schedule a personal tour.