Spot cleaning wooden cabinets on an as-needed basis can be done with a soft cotton or microfiber cloth dampened with warm water and maybe a bit of dish soap for hard-to-remove items.
However, when the time comes for a full-on clean, you’re going to want to use something more substantial that won’t damage the finish of the wood. The following are three fabulous options that residents of apartments in Austin can use to clean their wooden cabinets.
White vinegar provides a natural cleansing solution that is mild enough for porous wooden surfaces yet tough enough to remove buildups of grease and grime that often occur on kitchen cabinets. Vinegar cuts grease easily thanks to a compound called acetic acid. It is inexpensive and can be used in a pinch for a variety of jobs when cleaning cabinet supplies are low. One of the best reasons to use vinegar on wooden surfaces is that it won’t leave a pesky residue.
Traditional Oil-Based Soap
Those who prefer to clean their kitchen cabinets with tried-and-true commercial products from their grocery or home improvement stores should reach for a bottle of traditional oil-based soap. These soaps also do a great job on accumulated grease and grime as well as leave behind a slightly silky finish. The oil content in the soap helps keep wooden cabinets in environments with low atmospheric humidity from becoming overly dry.
A Mixture of Mild Detergent, Baking Soda and Water
If your kitchen cabinets have somehow gotten stained, you’ll want to use a cleaning solution that contains baking soda on them in order to safely and thoroughly remove the stains. For serious stains, make a paste from the baking soda and water and apply it to the affected area prior to cleaning.
Please don’t hesitate to contact us at your convenience for more information and advice on how to keep your kitchen cabinets and other apartment amenities in top shape.
You’ll find plenty to do if you focus your new home search around apartments in Austin, like visiting the Bullock Texas State History Museum. Located on Congress Drive in Austin, this museum has tons to offer every member of the family.
- Bullock Imax Theater. Affordable and conveniently located inside the museum, the Bullock Imax Theater features all the latest and greatest new releases in a dramatic and immersive movie experience.
- Texas History Galleries. Spanning three floors, the Texas History Galleries at the Bullock Texas State History Museum encompass more than 700 artifacts that are pertinent to the story of the Lone Star State, including the reconstructed hull of the genuine French sailing ship, La Belle and the AT-6 advanced flight airplane known as the Texan that was instrumental during WW II.
- Austin City Limits Theater Exhibition. Learn more about the musicians and the music that defined over four decades of Texas entertainment. With artifacts reaching back to ACL’s inception in 1974, to the large-screen theater experience that captures all the excitement and wonder of Austin City Limits, this exhibit is one music-lovers won’t want to miss.
Modern Apartments in Austin
If you’re planning a move to Texas in the near future, be sure to add 9500 Apartments to your list of places to tour. Its attractive location, just 8 miles northeast of the city, makes for an easy daily commute without sacrificing the appeal of nearby parks and recreation areas.
At 9500 Apartments, you’ll find modern, luxurious rooms, lovely landscaping, private balconies and a pool to while away those summer weekends. This community represents some of the best Austin apartments the city has to offer, but you won’t believe it until you see it for yourself. Schedule a tour today with a member of our friendly and knowledgeable 9500 Apartments staff.
Austin, TX in summertime is a bustling place of things to do with the whole family. When you are looking for a way to spend a pleasant day or an evening, you never have to go very far from home. Enjoy great music, fireworks, food and more, all in beautiful settings that will leave you feeling relaxed and peaceful.
Best Summer Events in Austin
- Fourth of July Fireworks and Symphony – Taking place at Vic Mathias Shores, you’ll enjoy patriotic tunes played by the Austin Symphony followed by an amazing, colorful display of fireworks over Lady Bird Lake.
- Body Mind Spirit Expo – On July 23 and 24 go experience this holistic expo showcasing some of the many examples of global awakening and spiritual development with other kindred spirits interested in these topics.
- Zilker Summer Musical – Every Thursday through Sunday evening from July 8th through August 13th, Zilker Hillside Theater will host a free musical performance of “Shrek the Musical” starting at 8:15pm.
- Lake Travis Hot Air Balloon Flyover – Come on down to the Mansfield Dam Park on August 6th to watch colorful hot air balloons float above Lake Travis during the early morning hours. Children will love this annual event!
- Austin Ice Cream Festival – Another guaranteed hit for children of all ages, Austin’s Ice Cream Festival will delight the whole family with live entertainment, games, activities, contests, and, naturally, lots of ice cream, perfect for cooling off in the hot sun.
A Plethora of Summertime Activities Right Around the Corner
Living in stylish 9500 apartments in Austin, TX gives you easy access to a huge variety of year round activities, with summertime being perhaps the most exciting time of all! As a city known for great cultural events and family friendly venues, you’ll be able to keep the whole family engaged while you enjoy impressive displays of lights, musical talent and more.
Moving isn’t always easy and the same goes for your cat. A new home takes some getting used to for your feline friend, and without the right strategy, your cat may be in for some serious stress. In order to keep both you and your cat happy, here are 3 tips to introducing your cat to your new apartment in Austin, Texas.
Make A Safe Space For Your Cat
As soon you as move, place your cat in only one room. This will allow your cat to slowly get used to one space before he or she explores the rest of your apartment. Inside, give them plenty of food, water, litter box, and some of their favorite toys. Try to make them as comfortable as possible by providing them with some familiar items, such as T-shirt with your odor on it nearby. It’s also a good idea to leave their carrying case open and on the ground so they can retreat inside if they feel anxious.
Get Them Excited About The New Apartment
Once they’re introduced to the new apartment, it’s time to associate everything new with something good. Give them a treat as soon as they arrive and each time they explore a new room. Place some catnip in a trail leading to each new room you introduce them to.
Don’t Forget About Your Cat At Any Point
It’s easy to get caught up in moving and not give your cat the attention it needs. When you first arrive, make sure you periodically take a break to play with your cat or simply pet them for a while. This will help calm your cat and remind him or her that you’re there for them.
Ultimately, with these tips in mind, your cat will slowly feel at home as you both adjust to your new home. Thankfully, 9500 Apartments, located just a few minutes from downtown Austin is a cat-friendly apartment loaded with amenities like private balconies, ample storage, on-site management, and a community pool.
If you’re from Texas, you know good barbecue. But do you know the best BBQ joints near your Austin apartment? We’ve compiled a list of tasty spots to enjoy brisket, beans and all the trimmings within a few blocks of your northeast Austin apartment complex.
5 Great Austin BBQ Spots
1. Slab BBQ and Beer
Specializing in ribs and sandwiches, Slab offers a fun take on barbecue. With dishes called the Notorious P.I.G., The Donk and Brown Chicken Brown Cow, you know you’re in for a treat. Plus, the green bean casserole is amazing.
2. Stiles Switch BBQ & Brews
You’ll find solid barbecue offerings in a speakeasy-like atmosphere at Stiles Switch BBQ. Try the smoked pork loin with pinto beans on the side. They’re simply divine.
3. Rudy’s Country Store and BBQ
Short lines and friendly service make Rudy’s a favorite BBQ spot. Try the Spicy, a combo of all their smoked meats that have been chopped and drenched in “sause.” If you’re out and about early, try their legendary breakfast tacos.
4. The County Line on the Hill
Go for the good quality barbecue and come back for another chance to enjoy a meal in such a serene spot. With a killer 20-mile view from the patio, you’ll love chowing down on ribs and brisket while taking in the beautiful Texas Hill Country. Don’t miss the white bread. It’s a favorite.
5. Branch BBQ
Yes, it’s in a strip mall, but that doesn’t mean the food lacks flavor. Not in the mood for barbecue? Stop by on a Friday for their famous chicken and dumplins.
Check out one of these tasty eateries when you’re hungry for authentic Texas barbecue. And let us know if we missed one. Tell us: what’s your favorite place to get barbecue in Austin?
Welcome to WordPress. This is your first post. Edit or delete it, then start writing!